Foundry VTT Module – Symbar – Mother of Darkness
This is a digital version of the Symbaroum adventure Symbar – Mother of Darkness for the Foundry Virtual Tabletop. A Foundry Virtual Tabletop base license is required for use. Check the package page for current module compatibility. This purchase will give you an activation code to be activated through your Foundry account. Afterwards you will be able to download and access the module via the Foundry application.
This module contains:
- 37 Actors
- 22 Items
- 17 Scenes
- 6 Journal Entries comprising:
- 17 Adventure Chapters
- The 47 page Journey to the Temple of Exaltation
- 4 Handouts
- 47 Pieces of Art
- 98 Map Pins
- 18 Roll Table
- 1 Macro
Yet another leaf fell into his hand, fiery yellow with a rust-red rim. Ardil regarded it without feeling anything at all. The torrent of hate, sorrow and dread he suffered when he first noticed the shift had subsided, leaving him in a state beyond hope, beyond despair.
A tortured cry cut through the morning haze, made him turn his gaze to the south. It didn’t sound like one of the newly awakened dead, or one of the otherworldly creatures haunting the ruined city below. A human? He knew they were coming, hungering for the riches of Symbar, too greedy to be stopped by warnings or threats. He let the leaf fall, nocked an arrow and started moving towards the source of the cry.
For a millennium, the Dark Watch had managed to keep the darkness fettered in peaceful slumber. But that was before the humans of the south came fleeing across the mountains, before they entered the woods hunting for more. And if Ardil’s guess was correct, they had now reached the heart of the forest, where the perpetual summer had shifted to autumn, and the fetters were losing their strength. Where darkness had already awakened.
We wish you a warm welcome to the deadly depths of Davokar. This fourth episode in the Chronicle of the Throne of Thorns does not only feature the adventure Mother of Darkness; it also provides rules for you to stage your own expeditions to the wilder and darker parts of the forest. With this book as your guide, the time is finally here to embark on the journey of every fortune-hunter and explorer’s dreams, to the place the witches call “the Mother of All Darkness.” To Symbar.
- The adventure Mother of Darkness, where the player characters get a chance to explore the ruined city of Symbar. If they survive the journey…
- A traveler’s journal written by the explorer Vidina, meant to be read by both players and the Game Master.
- Two ruins with color maps, which may be explored as stand-alone adventure landscapes or encountered during the journey to Symbar.
- A chapter for the Game Master, introducing the older history of the Davokar region and describing developments within and between the game world’s factions.
- Rules and guidelines for expeditions into Davokar, to be used in order to design or randomly create thrilling treasure hunts and journeys of exploration.
- A chapter with rules for new traits, artifacts, creatures and an expanded version of the Bushcraft boon.
“The game that has inspired me most this year.”John Dodd, Tabletop Gaming magazine
“The simple system and rich setting, thick with dark and evocative imagery, makes this a worthy consideration for new and experienced gamers alike.”Paul Baldowski, GeekNative
“All in all, this is a stunning piece of work. It has all the sophistication of 13th Age, the mechanical beauty of Dungeon World, and the dark attractiveness of Warhammer Fantasy in a comprehensive and elegant game.”Rodney Orpheus, Medium
“What makes the Symbaroum Core Rulebook really stand out is its art which is superb, in turns, dark and brooding, dangerous and foreboding, majestic and mysterious, brutal and bloody… ”Reviews from R’lyeh