Roleplaying in the world of The Lord of the Rings™
Return to Middle-earth with The Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying, a brand new adaptation of the works of J.R.R. Tolkien using the rules for 5E.
Based on the second edition of The One Ring™ roleplaying game by Francesco Nepitello, the beautifully illustrated full-color hardback volume The Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying contains everything you need to create exciting adventures set in the world’s most popular fantasy setting – six original heroic cultures from the land of Eriador, six new classes, a host of terrifying adversaries, and comprehensive rules for journeys, councils, wondrous artefacts, and the subtle magic of Middle-earth.
“The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying changes the mechanics of Dungeons & Dragons to provide memorable adventures in a low-magic setting where exploration and fellowship is as important as combat.”IGN
“If you are a regular player of Dungeons & Dragons and have a desire to tread the lands of Eriador this manual is absolutely for you.”No Dice Unrolled
“For those wanting to bring Middle-earth to their diehard 5E group, The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying is the only game in town and an outstanding one at that.”RPG.Net Review
It is the year 2965 of the Third Age and the Shadow is returning. Twenty-four years ago, an alliance of Elves, Men, and Dwarves defeated a horde of Orcs and Wild Wolves, under a sky darkened by Giant Bats, inaugurating a new era of prosperity for the Free Peoples. But twenty years is a long time for peace to last, and in many dark corners of the earth a shadow is lengthening once again.
Rumours of strange things happening outside the borders of civilised lands are spreading with increasing regularity and, while they are dismissed by most as fireside-tales and children’s stories, they sometimes reach the ears of individuals who recognise the sinister truth they hide.
These are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers and, when they prevail, they hail them as heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names.
- New rules for travelling across the land (Journey) and meeting the personalities of Middle-earth (Council).
- Thorough advice for the Loremaster on how to bring Middle-earth to life, including rules for magical treasure, the Shadow, and the Eye of Mordor.
- In-depth information on six Patrons – individuals sponsoring the adventures of the Player-heroes including Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey.
- A bestiary containing a spread of adversaries, from lowly Orc Soldiers and Highway-robbers, to monstrous Cave-trolls and Barrow-wights.
- Rules to create your very own Nameless Things – unknowable beings from the dark corners of the world.
- A complete Landmark adventure, The Star of the Mist, with extra support for new Loremasters.
The War of the Ring, Middle-earth, The Lord of the Rings, The One Ring and the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Middle-earth Enterprises, LLC and are used under license by Sophisticated Games Ltd and their respective licensees. © 2022 Sophisticated Games Ltd.