Mutant: Year Zero
Genlab Alpha Core Rulebook
Mutant: Genlab Alpha is a complete stand-alone expansion to the award-winning Mutant: Year Zero roleplaying game.
Get ready for a furry mutant (r)evolution!
In this 240-page full colour hard back you’ll discover:
- New rules, PC roles, skills and powers for mutant animals. The expansion includes all the rules you need to play!
- A detailed description of Paradise Valley, the mountain valley where the animals are being held captive.
- A description of the mysterious underground facility called the Labyrinth, where the Watchers dwell.
- The complete campaign Escape from Paradise, letting the players lead the animals’ fight for freedom.
- Unique strategic game mechanics for putting the players truly in charge of the Resistance, planning its operations.
- An overview of how the mutant animals can travel to the Zone if they escape, and join the human mutants of Mutant: Year Zero.
Downloadable PDF of the rulebook is included in the purchase.
During the great apocalypse, humanity fled to the depths of the underground enclaves. In genetic laboratories, researchers tried to breed a new being, splicing human and animal DNA, creating a beast intelligent yet strong enough to survive in the devastated world. The enclaves have fallen – but the animals’ fight for freedom has only just begun.
Silver ENNIE for Best Rules 2015
“Probably the best post-apocalyptic RPG on the market. Full stop.”RPGNet review
“My players and I had a blast playing and can’t wait to get back to the Zone.”Brian Ennis, The British Fantasy Society
“A better and more stylish balancing act between nostalgia and innovation the Swedish RPG scene hasn’t seen in a very long time.”The Boningen gaming blog
“The rules support and create campaign play. Intrigues start, threats arise, opportunities and challenges appear, without the GM having to make it all up.”The Fenix gaming magazine