Core Boxed Set
Forbidden Lands is a new take on classic fantasy roleplaying. In this open-world survival roleplaying game, you’re not heroes sent on missions dictated by others – instead, you are raiders and rogues bent on making your own mark on a cursed world. You will discover lost tombs, fight terrible monsters, wander the wild lands and, if you live long enough, build your own stronghold to defend. Contents of the boxed set:
- Hardcover Player’s Manual with faux leather covers, including rules for fast character generation, visceral combat, lethal magic, dangerous journeys and for building your own stronghold – easily be ported to your own favorite game world.
- Hardcover Gamemaster’s Guide with faux leather covers, including a rich and detailed description of the Forbidden Lands setting, a large illustrated Bestiary, extensive random encounters, and three complete adventure sites.
- The Legends & Adventurers booklet, letting you flesh out your characters and give them unique backgrounds.
- A huge full-color map, giving you the freedom to explore the Forbidden Lands any way you want, hex by hex.
- A sheet with stickers for adventure sites and gravestones, transforming the game map to a living, permanent record of your adventures.
Complete PDFs of the contents is included in the purchase, and will be sent to you via DrivethruRPG.
Winner of four ENnie Awards 2019!
- Product of the Year (Silver)
- Best Rules (Silver)
- Best Cartography (Gold)
- Best Production Values (Gold)
Round the beggar from Varassa all sat in a ring,
and by the campfire they sat and heard his song.
And about walkers and wolfkin and every terrible thing,
and of his fear he sang to them all night long:
“There is something beyond the mountains, beyond the howls beyond the mist,
there is something behind the veils, behind hearts cold as stone.
Hearken, something walks and whispers, walks and lures you in and whimpers:
Come to us, for this earth shall ever be ours and ours alone!”
Winner of four ENNIE Awards 2019Best Cartography
Best Production Values
“It’s like somone took hazy childhood memories of a classic D&D game and mixed them with a dash of bleak Scandinavian darkness.”Tabletop Magazine
“Superbly packaged, Forbidden Lands is a pleasing combination of ‘Old School’ nostalgia and fast, simple mechanics with unobtrusive narrative elements designed to bring aspects of the character into play. Its setting offers scope for the player characters to develop not just personally, but also in terms of their place in the world.”Reviews from R’lyeh
“This may be the most perfect role-playing game product I’ve ever seen.”Plot Points RPG Podcast