Foundry VTT Modules – CY_BORG Core Rules + Asset Pack
These are digital versions of the the CY_BORG Core Rules and Asset Pack for the Foundry Virtual Tabletop. A Foundry Virtual Tabletop base license is required for use. Check the package pages for the Core Rules and Asset Pack for current module compatibility. This purchase will give you two activation codes to be activated through your Foundry account. Afterwards you will be able to download and access the modules via the Foundry application.
A Nano-infested doomsday RPG about cybernetic misfits and punks raging against a relentless corporate hell.
The world is ending. ⸐
Again and again and again and again and again a̶n̴͗d̵̥͒ ̸̎ă̶ġ̸a̵̢͗i̶͙̓n̸̡̔ ă̵̢̫̥̺̻̞n̵͔̽̿̏̓͋͠͝d̴̢̪̟͊ ̵̡̺̖̰̯͖̞̓̑̐̈́̍̋a̶̤̘̖͗͐̀̔̚̚g̴̛͇̻̦̻͇̲̈́̏à̷̩̫͒ḯ̷̡̱̀̀̀͠ṇ̶̦̔͜.
Constantly in flux; shifting, d̵̃is̴to̴rt̷in̶g̷, always reborn as something worse. Destruction by ecological catastrophes, the fallout of history’s belligerence; by modern man-made Miseries or the blood spilled by the reckless machine of capitalist supremacy. Mankind’s greatest ability truly is to destroy itself in creative ways. Designer demise, consumer-customized death, endlessly on repeat.
Poisonous space rocks, nuclear weapons, cyclical revolutions, warring nations, warring corporations, warring neighbors; pandemics, tsunamis, volcanoes. In between it all: direct person-machine interfaces, tactical neural implants, and bacteria from outer space hijacking intercellular nanorobotics. And the sky is full of ads.
Everyone is interfaced/injected/in̴fe̴cted̶/infested with something. Everyone wants something from everyone else. Everyone is a liar and a cheat. Everyone wants more creds. ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Welcome to the year 20X3.
Welcome to the City of Y!̸͆̅̌”̶͌̉#̸͇̞̻̌̚”̶̨̻̘̇̉̊͆̈́͒̌̆̓̕͜#̶̖̣̘̻͖̥͕̙̀̃̈́́̄̕̕͜͠2̶̧̻̺̝̥̮̣̒͒̂͐͐̍́́͘̕̕4̴̿̌’̷̛̙͍̠̙̿
CY_BORG is a complete rules-light, rage-heavy tabletop roleplaying game based on MÖRK BORG. Easy to play, easy to hack.
In it you’ll find:
- A drive-by description of the megacity Cy after the Incident: from its rotting slums where gangs, cults and military corporations wage war, to the blinding scraper forests, neon cathedrals and holo-shimmering arcologies of Central and the toxic industrial hell zones shrouding it all in poisonous (but CYstainable Planet™ Certified) death smog.
- Quick and dirty character creation where the roll of the dice determines who your punk is, what they’re capable of and who they owe money to.
- d66 Miserable Headlines making the rounds on the news and feeds with varying regularity, each one heralding chaos and destruction wracking the city until the cataclysmic conclusion seven headlines in.
- A minimal, simple system designed to stay out of the way and to be easily modded and customized. Rulings before rules. MÖRK BORG at its core, with a few tweaks and updates.
- Optional rules and tables: Add tactical crunch to your violence with combat mods for cover, suppressive fire and more. Six classes for your class war, including the Forsaken Gang-Goon, the Shunned Nanomancer and the Renegade Cyberslasher. Tables adding depth and character to your punk, such as Style, Quirks and Current Obsession.
- Random Generators facilitating near-endless play: missions, locations, corporations, cults and npcs populating the accelerating apocalypse.
- Equipment (of varying legality) like guns and specialized ammo booster plug-ins, intelligent body armor, cybertech, decks fitted with custom Apps, and almost-controllable Nano powers with their latent infestations.
- 25+ foes to fight. From the countless soldiers of the SecCorps and gangs to corrupted Nanophreaks, soulless drones and cydroids, state-of-the-art combat vehicles and the ethereal, digital apparitions classified as Ghosts.
- The introductory heist Lucky Flight Takedown. Scope and infiltrate the Lucky Flight Casino, clear the debt data and/or shut the whole operation down. Should be a quick and easy job, right?
The CY_BORG Asset Pack is a bundle of game accessories that’ll make your cybernetic life somewhat easier. Including:
- A high-res map of Cy with its sectors and blocks, and a summary of its most prominent corporations and cults. For target practice.
- The Location Pad; 34 one-page locations with adventure hooks, random encounters, secrets and loot.
- The one-page adventure Reaper Repo. Approach the killmatch champion Steel Jackhammer and recover his shiny new, and allegedly stolen, chrome legs (undamaged). There are only two problems: the legs are very much attached to Jackhammer, and he is—since two days ago—busy partying in his penthouse, along with a horde of drunk or stoned killmatch athletes, enthusiasts and other C-list VIPs. Let the party begin!
CY_BORG is created by Christian Sahlén and Johan Nohr of Stockholm Kartell.
Together, these two Foundry modules contain:
- 64 Actors.
- 6 Journal Entries.
- 143 Rolltables.
- 41 Scenes.
- 10 Macros.