Foundry VTT Module – Starter Set
This is a digital version of the ALIEN RPG Starter Set for the Foundry Virtual Tabletop. A Foundry Virtual Tabletop base license is required for use. Check the package page for current module compatibility. This purchase will give you an activation code to be activated through your Foundry account. Afterwards you will be able to download and access the module via the Foundry application.
This module contains:
- Condensed rules with a fast and effective ruleset designed specifically to support the core themes of ALIEN: horror and action in the cold darkness of space.
- The complete Cinematic scenario Chariot of the Gods by sci-fi novelist Andrew E.C. Gaska, taking you on a thrilling, terror-filled ride into deep space where no one can hear you scream. Chariot of the Gods is designed for 3–5 players plus the GM.
- Five pre-generated characters to play.
- 108 item entries for armor, weapons, equipment, talents and Personal Agendas.
- 8 rolltables for creature attacks and GM tables.
- 10 Scenes – GM Aids and Chariot of the Gods maps with walls and doors.
- Intergrated skill-stunt narrative.
- Images of the 11 initiative cards (including the back) and 102 markers from the pack available for use in the images/cards and images/markers directories.
This is a starter set for the official ALIEN tabletop roleplaying game—a universe of body horror and corporate brinkmanship, where synthetic people play god while space truckers and marines play host to newborn ghoulish creatures. It’s a harsh and unforgiving universe and you are nothing if not expendable.
Stay alive if you can.
The job was routine, the money fair. Then the damn company diverted you to answer a distress call from a ship that disappeared almost 80 years ago—a derelict carrying something bizarre, twisted, and alien. What the ship’s frozen crew brought back with them was bad enough—what they themselves were turning into was a bloody nightmare. Add to that an annoying sensor ghost shadowing you in the void, and your stress level is shot.
It’s all a bit much.
You don’t get paid enough to deal with monsters. But hold your breath, count to three, and play your cards right with this one, and you just might walk away very rich. Oh, who am I kidding?
You’re all going to die.
™ & © 2021 20th Century Studios, Inc. All rights reserved.
Awarded with Gold ENNIE 2020 for Best Game.
“Move over, Dungeons & Dragons, Swedish publisher Free League has released Alien: The Roleplaying Game, and it is as great as it is terrifying.”TheGamer
“Free League Publishing has knocked it out of the orbit. It’s an interstellar masterpiece that honors the Alien legacy and builds on the stories that made the series great. It’s a sci-fi adventure that roleplaying fans will surely love, and it’s an accessible system for anyone interested in a good story and a rollicking good time.”GameTyrant
“The real horror of Ridley Scott’s seminal sci-fi flick Alien has always been the creeping, slithering fear of the unknown. It’s impressive, then, that Free League has been able to craft a tabletop roleplaying game that can conjure up that same pitch-dark dread from the safety of your kitchen table.”Dicebreaker